The final act of the 1471 Campaign has just concluded and I was pleased that the campaign pulled me in directions that continued to surprise me.
There is a full write up over on my Commanders page of the campaign in chronological order (link below), if you are familiar with the opening bits, just scroll straight down to Turn 3 (use the above photo as a visual marker in that text).
Above - Queen Margaret of Anjou inspects and inspires her troops.
LINK
https://commanders.simdif.com/campaigning_1471.html

ReplyDeleteI noticed that Google published this just 10 minutes after posting. Is it fixed? or perhaps the length of the post or number / size of pictures has an influence over timing? answers on a postcard!
Anyway, who cares ...... I am outside the Warlord Games shop, in a coffee outlet - waiting for the doors to open!
Well this did appear pretty quickly Norm, at around midday'ish when I logged on to my laptop, but have only now had the chance to write a few lines. Hope you has fun in the store and didn't spend too much money... ;)!
ReplyDeleteHi Steve, hope you enjoyed your holiday. My publication delay on the last three posts have been 27 hours, 8 hours and less than 10 minutes. There doesn't appear to be rhyme nor reason to explain that.
ReplyDeleteYes, good time in the shop, though I must have had too much coffee before hand, I was far too excited! :-)
This was a very abrupt and unexpected end to a campaign that hardly got going.
ReplyDeleteOn blogger publishing delays, I have a few thoughts but nothing scientifically tested. Only hunches and observations, for now.
Hi Jon, I was obviously very close to it and I was totally taken by surprise, so I suppose that is the joy of the thing working. I'm actually surprised that we got past Turn 1 after that opening serious Yorkist defeat and then I fully expected a threat on London when the opening to Turn 3 looked to favour the Yorkists so much.
DeleteThe real campaign saw two battles, Barnet and Tewkesbury, so I suppose I am in good company :-)
A great campaign Norm despite ending quickly. It created a great narrative.
ReplyDeleteI do like how you have used the random army orders and also adding multiple orders and just choosing the first one.
Maybe the issues that Little Wars TV have had and the support they received has finally opened Google eye's to the importance of the wargaming hobby to Bloggers success and they have fixed all the problems 😁
Hi Ben, the campaign took me on a solo journey that was at the very least highly intriguing and entertaining and I am happy that it can be kept for another day, when it will likely follow a different path.
DeleteI feel that the above is purely down to that random pulling of orders.
Well, the Little Wars TV experience is an eye opener to all about clicking on 'anything'. The modern digital approaches are great while they work, but once they don't, any hope of speaking with a real person to help within a reasonable time frame is a distant one. I'm glad their outcome became a good news story.
What were LWTV issues? I am in the dark...
DeleteWow - that campaign was almost over before it got started Norm! The third game was a real turn up for the books - great stuff!
ReplyDeleteHi Keith, thoroughly enjoyed and the narrative seemed to remain believable, so winner, winner - chicken dinner as all the cool kids (used to) say :-)
ReplyDeleteThat was a fun game, turned up on its head with a Lancastrian win, thought the victors might have fallen out among themselves though!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain