Thursday 21 December 2023

Simple GBoH to be re-printed



For those who collect / play the various games from the Great Battles of History boardgame series by GMT …… there is good news!

Over on their P500 page they have just put up the Simple GBoH 2nd edition ruleset for re-printing.

Simple GBoH is a simplified version of the full rules that come with the games and offers advantages of streamlining and fewer die rolls etc.

GMT have been bringing old titles from the series back into print, with Alexander Deluxe being the latest, but the Simple GBoH ruleset has been out of print for too long - now there is a chance to get that as well, but it needs 500 backers to get it over the line.

The link below will take you to the appropriate page. You can pledge to the P500 and not pay now.

There is also a Euro friendly option for postage that includes Second Chance Games (UK) handling the game. On the options you will see this as SCS Euro Friendly.

Anyway, this is a popular series and if this is your bag, this might be the moment to secure a copy and help make sure that it happens. 

The pre-pub price is £18

LINK to the GMT page for more info.

https://www.gmtgames.com/p-1089-simple-great-battles-of-history-2nd-edition-2nd-printing.aspx


12 comments:

  1. Do you play RAW GBOH or Simple GBOH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan, in the 90’s I did RAW, now I do simple. I have 2nd edition, but the new set will have errata.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My copy is 2nd Edition too. Do you also have the SPQR Wargamers’ Guide?

      Delete
    2. No! I didn’t know their was one. I have Alexander Deluxe lined up as a Christmas gift, so 2024 should see both SPQR (Deluxe) and Alexander hitting the table. they are packed with so many scenarios that a good diverse range of games will be played.

      I started out with the original yellow box Alexander all those many years ago and thought it a most wondrous thing.

      Delete
    3. I started off with the yellow box Alexander too but have moved to the red box 1995 edition when published. With updated countersheets and scenarios from either the modules or C3I, I never made the move to the latest edition. Should I???

      Delete
    4. The Deluxe (itself a straight reprint of the previous Deluxe, but with known errata added) includes the expansions for Diadochoi, Phalanx, Raphia, and Tyrant. I would probably base a decision on how many of those expansions you already have or even want.

      I didn’t have a copy, so the decision was easier for me :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Matt, the ‘simple’ ruleset will interest anyone with the system, but I am thinking in particular of those who are not traditional boardgamers, but who fancy a gateway into this fairly substantial collection of titles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Norm, I saw this in my GMT update this morning as soon as I get home there will be a pre.order going in. I do like the GMT P500 system and of course using P500 gives you excellent discount in their Thanksgiving sale 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Graham, I thought of you when I put this post up. I thought it hadn’t been announced, but an hour after posting at CSW, GMT stated that the news had gone out in their latest newsletter …… so it didn’t need my help as it turned out!

    I think this one will sky rocket past 500 and hopefully should see print in the near future. It is an easy one, no real artwork needed, just errata included. Perhaps once this rule set is in circulation again, growing numbers will go for this popular series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be good if it does achieve that, it’s a cracking series of games and the ‘simple’ rules make the series easily accessible

      Delete
  6. Like your good self, I have SPQR deluxe and will be getting Alexander on Christmas day, so there is a ton of mileage there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment